Friday, March 21, 2008

Up and...walking

I'm sitting at Mike and mom's desk and I'm torn as to which way to look: the computer (a new mac, with, as Mike calls it "brushed aluminum") I look to my right and out over the balcony and straight to the water. Right to a massive game of battle ship. There are about 100 long cargo ships in sight hovering out in some of the bluest water I have ever seen. Or I could look in to the apartment. Beige marble tiles span the office, living room, and bathroom. The ceilings must be 12 feet high, there are 3 balconies, one of which stretches out of my room (high class living!). It is so humid and already pretty toasty, but I've managed to wake up at a reasonable hour. Mike is showing me all of the things he acquired on his last trip of "bargaining" (I've seen his skills before and its quite a show.) he's wearing an "it's better in the bay, bay st. louis shirt" and drinking coffee to kick himself into gear after a long trip. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I wish you could all see this. It is too beautiful to describe and so cool to see where my mom has made her home.

No comments: