Sunday, March 16, 2008

South By What?

This morning I woke up still dressed with one leg out of a half-zipped sleeping bag. My feet are twice their normal size and alley dirty. Wristband adhesive is caked to my arms. Tan lines zig and zag across my body. My ears are ringing and my head is cinched in at the seams. There have been several battles between South By Southwest and I -- mostly exhaustion battles -- and I think South By may have won the war. But, I tell you once if I tell you a thousand times, having an all access wristband to see more than 1700 bands in a borderline tropical, cutting-edge town, fed the audiophile in me until I just couldn't take any more. I think I will drive home in silence. Thank you to everyone who kept up with this vicarious adventure, and thanks Jennifer for putting together this forum, and thanks SXSW for the wristband and the good times. And thanks Cory and Marshall for the couch. And thanks Austin for hosting my revelries again.

No comments: