Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Parking?

After an 11 hour train ride, a 15 minute metro jaunt, and walk in the cold I reached my hostel in Montreal. The staff gave me a quick tour, I made up my bed, and plopped down on the couch in the common area. A few quick introductions, and I decided that bed would be the best bet to ensure a pleasant next day. But alas, after hanging out with a pair from Australia, a Brazilian, a Chilean, and a Spaniard, bed seemed like a silly idea. So after some haggling about where we should go we settled on a gay night club down the street (called Parking)...fast forward to 4:00 in the a.m. and my feet almost refuse to carry me home after several hours of dancing with flamingly gay men, two straight Australians, and an awkward Irishmen. The multi-lingual culture here is mind-blowing. Almost everyone I have met transitions from French, English, and Spanish flawlessly. I am obsessed with learning French now, and am excited about the prospect of going to school here...

No comments: