Monday, April 14, 2008

hiatus = imminent Xplosion

So its been awhile since I've posted anything, Singapore has been keeping me very busy: from stumbling through neighborhoods that giveway to cultural authenticity unlike I've ever seen, to passing out midafternoon to recover from a seemingly long but surprisingly short day walking in the heat, to the food. I've been tasting everything, watching people, guessing nationalities (and failing miserably) getting used to the mass transit, and getting acquainted. And now I'm off for another mini-epic journey that I promise I'll keep all of you up to date on. Below is a picture of the train routes in southeast asia. So far, I know I'm going up to Melaka, to Kuala Lumpur, to Penang, to Bangkok, to Battambang, and then to Phnom Penh. We'll see about Laos on my way back. All on the rails, all by myself. But, this is backpacking fodder so I'm thinking I'll make a few friends along the way who are in all likelihood fun, funny, and wielding great stories! Just cross your fingers that they speak fun English. Two important notes: don't get too jealous, and don't worry: I'll be just fine.  
                                 
 

No comments: