Friday, August 22, 2008

prepare to immigrate.

i may have already emigrated, but now the serious business begins: its time to immigrate. i will head to the main police station (politistajion) hand over my passport and a few other items which were for some reason difficult for me to come by and my soul (plus a passport photo) and then voila. consider me norwegian. and for those of you who say "how can you be norwegian if you don't speak the language and are in fact american?" i say, fine naysayer, i misspoke. i will be an official emigre. accent noted. seriously though. its kind of exciting, this moment that i have been haphazardly prepping for since june and a moment that at times i was afraid wouldn't arrive. but it has. and soon, very soon in fact, i will have a shiny new sticker in my passport that says, "yeah, she's cool. she can stay for like a year. after that we'll talk..."

and...drumroll...i have decided on my thesis topic and am emailing it as we speak. or as i type. or after i type this.

No comments: