Sunday, May 18, 2008

here i go again on my own. (insert 80's maudlin drum line here)

so after learning a few new tricks about travel, i am off to tokyo at 6am tomorrow morning. after that seven hour flight its off to atlanta, and then off to san francisco. in sf i will be spending time with some long lost friends, making nice with the norwegian consolate to get some help with my residency permit questions, and then will be flying to amsterdam and then to oslo to visit the university of, and check out my potential new digs. i'm tired just explaining it. so i'll be blogging along the way to keep you all in the loop.

Travel Tips:
1. it is possible to squeeze toothpaste from a big tube to a travel size tube easily and cleanly by pressing the two heads together. this is a pretty huge development for those of us who hate traveling with huge tubes of toothpaste. (i count myself as one of those sensible movers and shakers)

2. all american airlines fly out of the same terminal in tokyo. this is important. very important. you'll thank me later when you find yourself staring blankly at a garbled sign of japanese and say, oh yeah, thats right alix already answered that question. haha. and who says blogging is a waste of space. well, aside from me.

so, to those of you who read this and are disheartened by my glorious return to the states and seeming deletion of you from my must see list, know that i love you and that i don't play favorites. actually thats dead wrong. i play favorites. but i (and my convenience and bacchean fun) always come first. i will see you all before you know it, and i may be able to regale you with the fragrant norwegian language. i can already count to ten:

en
tu
tre
fire
femh
sechs
scheu
accte
ni
ti

we'll talk soon, i know it.

2 comments:

alix said...

arggg. so i'm stuck in tokyo, flight delayed by 5 hours. so i won't be arriving in san francisco until midnight. just talked to a us military general for a good fifteen minutes and apparently everything is going really well in iraq. who knew?
talk soon.

Unknown said...

Hey....you must know that Iam keeping track....I was wondering why you stopped blogging for awhile...than I guesedit burned out. Glad to see you are back up and running.....I wil be keeping up...Love Dad-O